Art Sculptures, Paintings, Drawings, Photography and Writing

Art Sculptures, Paintings, Drawings, Photography and Writing
suzannesmith0@gmail.com

Mosaic Snowflakes!!

Mosaic Snowflakes!!

The Whole Gang

The Whole Gang

New Cactus

New Cactus

golden eagle

golden eagle

stucco art tree

stucco art tree

Macrame

Macrame

Iris Painting

Iris Painting

Iris Painting in Second Life

Iris Painting in Second Life
I have been creating mosaic cacti sculpture since I was a teacher at the St Madeline Sofie Center in El Cajon.  I was developing a mosaic workshop for adults with developmental disabilities.  We knew mosaics were a very forgiving medium and the things we created in the two years I did the workshop went from very controled to absolute anarchy.  Sometimes the tiles were put on upsidedown and the grout would dry before we could wipe it off.  All our creations were as special as our workshop members.  The true meaning of Art is the creative urge behind it and we had creative spirits everywhere at St Madelines.
    I came up with the idea for creating cacti because the workshops were held in a beautiful garden.  The succulants were so fascinating to someone like me from Alaska who was surrounded by Hemlock trees for twenty five years.  I live in San Diego now and have my own garden of succulants and after I left the St Madelines workshop I kept creating the mosaic cacti sculptures because they look so good in the garden.  I also create them because of a scene I read in the Celestine Prophesies.  One of the searchers was walking through a garden and began to see all the plants glowing.  I think my sculptures remind me of that glow and I know it is real if we just focus on the true nature of reality.

1 comment:

claire said...

your white dog has a red scarf on like mine. I wonder if they are related. see my blg here. . . claire